The tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulahis the first to be built in white marble that is sometimes referred to as the “baby Taj” or a draft of the Taj Mahal. The tomb has been constructed with the same elaborate carvings and pietra dura. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens that make it the perfect site to relax and experience the beauty of an old era. The place is rich in art, culture, and history. Itimad-Ud-Daulah Tomb is located on the eastern bank of River Yamuna in the city of Agra. Book Outstation Taxi in Agra and enjoy your wonderful journey.
History of Itimad-Ud-Daulah
Mirza Ghiyas Beg was a Persian noble and court member of Mughal Court. After becoming the lord treasurer of Akbar, his son Jehangir married Nur Jahan because she was very passionate and had a strong administrative ability. Her qualities helped her take responsibility in the court and gain the attention of Jehangir. Later Itimad-Ud-Daulah rose to the power of Chief Minister of Jehangir. In 1622, when he died and his daughter planned to build a marble mausoleum, in the memory of him.
Reason Behind The Popularity Of This Tomb
The Tomb was a great influence on many marble structures that became a part of Agra. The place is one of the finest examples and pioneer of tombs with an elegant garden. There are some other important things of Itimad-Ud-Daulah, that makes it famous, are :
- Intricate motifs
- Geometric symmetry
- Chine khana decorative scheme
- Marble jali works
- Influence of Persian architecture
The architecture of Itimad-Ud-Daulah Tomb
- This is a grand example of the architectural style adopted by many structures in Agra like the Taj Mahal and others.
- The Dome is the main element of Itimad-Ud-Daulah, which is similar to Persian architecture.
- It was the first place to use pietra dura style decoration with semi-precious stones.
- Each and every surface of the structure is decorated with motifs of flora, geometric structure, trees, and others.
- While the Inlaid stone works are used to enhance the beauty of the interior of the structure.
- The tomb is square-shaped and has four turrets, that are crowned with small domed kiosks called Chatteris.
- The central chamber is accessible only via the southern side and you can find floral designs that were painted on the walls.
- You can also get Cypress tree decorations that can also be found, showing the essence of Persian influence on the structure. All the latticework was originated from Gujarat.
Best Time To Visit Itimad-Ud-Daulah
The Places prescribed visiting during nightfall to get a fantastic perspective on the landmark as it lounges the night sun. Agra is an in-land area in India. Along these lines, it has a cruel summer and moderate rainstorm. Walk to June is the late spring season, which is brutal, sticky, and hot. It is likewise not happy to remain outside and appreciate the landmark when it is showering. In this manner, consistently stay with the winter season, which begins in October and finishes in February. Book Outstation Taxi in Agra and enjoy your wonderful journey.